Hi. We’re Tweed, Canada’s leading source for all things cannabis. For us, it’s about more than just growing seeds into plants. It’s about starting a conversation and opening minds to fresh perspectives. And, perhaps most of all, it’s about becoming a part of the fabric of every neighbourhood that welcomes us.
We have a wide selection of products that are as diverse as the communities we serve. We’re constantly working to refine well-known strains from around the world, while also breeding proprietary genetics. With a commitment to best-in-class customer service, strain variety, and quality assurance, Tweed is setting the new standard for cannabis, right here in Canada.
How it all started
We set up shop four years ago, in an abandoned Hershey’s chocolate factory in Smiths Falls, Ontario. Our idea was simple: here’s a remarkable plant that can be a force for good—let’s share it.
A handful of passionate people quickly grew into a community that worked together to bring this idea to life. We’re thankful to the pioneers who came before us, and to those who joined us along the way. They taught us a lot.
Our history is filled with proud firsts
In fact, we were the first licensed cannabis producer to:
- build an online marketplace that brought together multiple brands under one roof.
- offer our recreational products from coast to coast.
- introduce a national social purpose initiative in the Tweed Collective.
- promote responsible driving in partnership with MADD Canada.
- legally export cannabis.
- open a cannabis visitor centre to welcome and educate people from around the world.
- ….okay, you get the point.